August was national breastfeeding month, which I completely missed, so I thought I would play catch-up this week with a giveaway sponsored by Philips Avent. Breastfeeding is definitely challenging, but so rewarding.
Philips Avent is a leader in the baby product world and is a brand that I trust. From bottles and pumps, to breast care and breast milk storage products, Philips Avent provides parents with the products and resources necessary to achieve the best Nourishing Moments with your little one.
- I recommend using Lanolin for at least a week before you start breastfeeding to soften your nipples. I used this a TON in the beginning of breastfeeding my child. At least for the first few months.
- I also recommend using Philips Avent Thermogel pads for soothing your tired and sore nipples.
- Discover the Breast care Comfort Breast Shell by Philips. These are a must and are amazing.
Use disposable nursing pads: Leaks do happen, ladies! And it seems like they always happen at the WRONG time. I recommend always having some disposable nursing pads tucked in your bra. People will never know you “stuffed” your bra and they will protect you from leaking all over your clothes.
- I recommend the Avent disposable nursing pads.
Don’t let you baby fall asleep at the breast every feeding: I always made sure that my babies were awake when I put them to sleep so they learned to sooth themselves to sleep. This became extremely important as they got a little older.
- If you plan to pump your milk, you will also need milk storage bags or cups.
Philips Avent has sponsored a giveaway on The Naptime Reviewer. One lucky winner will receive a breastfeeding essentials prize pack which includes:
- Breast Milk Storage Bags – 25 Count ($5.99 Value)
- Two 0m+ Feeding Bottles – 4 oz. ($16.99 Value)
- Breastcare Essentials Set ($13.99 Value)
- Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump ($149.99 Value)