Is there a woman out there that doesn’t want silky hair? Or better yet, is there a person out there that doesn’t want silky smooth hair? I don’t believe so. Silky and smooth is an elusive dream, something not many of us achieve. The problem is, not many of us follow the right treatments for hair. Today, instead of drooling on celebrities and their hair, we will share five hair masks that will make your hair smoother.
The best part is all of them are made with home ingredients and cost absolutely nothing. Honey is the basic ingredient in all hair masks. Honey is extremely rich in minerals, vitamins, and other nourishing ingredients that contribute to healthier hair. If you want your hair to look marvelous, it is time to start thinking about honey hair masks.
Honey rinse for soft hair
This is more of a rinse and less of a mask. All you need is honey and water. Make sure you use raw and organic honey for this mask. Get one cup of honey, and dissolve ¼ cup of honey in it. Once you get a spreadable consistency, apply the mask on your hair. Your hair needs to be wet, or better said, damp. Spread out the mask evenly on your hair, and let it stay there for several minutes. After 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Honey and yogurt mask
If you have frizzy hair, this mask will help you get that silky hair you always dreamt about. The basis of this mixture is honey, but with a little yogurt in there. Yogurt is rich in protein but also contains lactic acids. The latter help cleanses your scalp and promote healthy hair follicles grow. Here is a step by step guide how to apply this mask.
- Get a small mixing bowl, and add 1 tablespoon of yogurt and ¼ cup of honey
- Mix the ingredients until you get smooth paste
- Wash your hair, and while wet, apply the mixture
- Let the mixture work its magic for 15 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
Honey and coconut oil
Another mask that combines the healthy benefits of honey with another ingredient. This time, we have coconut oil. One of the biggest benefits of coconut oil for hair is promoting scalp health, preventing insect bites, dandruff, and lice. In addition, coconut oil moisturizes your hair, promotes healthy hair growth, and adds shine and softness to your hair. Nutrient dense, coconut oil is one of the best things you can put on your hair. Follow these steps for the treatment:
- Get 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, and warm them in your hands or in a bowl at medium heat
- Mix coconut oil with ¼ of honey in the bowl
- Wash your hair, and while it is damp, apply the mask. Apply the mask like you apply shampoo
- Wait for the mask to work for 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
Olive oil and honey
This is the anti-dandruff mask you always wanted to have. Olive oil moisturizes your hair in the same way as coconut oil. But olive oil also helps with dandruff, making this mask a perfect conditioner. The ingredients for the mask are the following:
- ¼ cup of honey +4 tablespoons
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of yogurt
- Start by adding all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk until you get smooth mixture
- Apply the solution on your hair, and leave it there for 30 minutes
- Mix 4 tablespoons of honey in 2l of water and rinse off
- If you feel your hair is sticky and oily, wash again with regular water
Banana and honey mask
When you think of a healthy drink, banana and honey come instantly to mind. But these two ingredients make for a perfect hair mask as well. Banana is one of the best sources of vitamin B and potassium. Both of these ingredients support healthy hair growth. Add in some coconut oil to the mixture, and you keep your scalp hydrated and moisturized. The ingredients are the following:
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of honey + 4 tablespoons
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- Start by mashing the banana in a bowl with a fork
- Add honey and coconut oil and mix the ingredients together until you get smooth consistency
- Apply the mask on your scalp, and wait for 20 minutes to work
- Rinse with warm water and then wash your hair with the regular shampoo
- Mix 4 tablespoons of honey and 2l of water, and rinse your hair with that as well
The banana and honey mask is ideal for eliminating split ends.