Disclosure: I received a free product from CP Toys in exchange for coverage on our site. Any opinion expressed in this article is based on our experience with the product.
I’m a huge advocate of open-ended play. It’s been amazing watching my two-year old’s imagination really blossom over the past few months. She now speaks for her dollies, makes motor noises for her toy cars and even speaks for the pilots and flight attendants on her airplane toys. She has this fascination with airplanes and airports so we decided to give her the Airport Playset ($39.99 from CP Toys hoping that her imagination would soar. The results = hours of open-ended fun and a break for mommy and daddy!
Open-ended activities and toys allow our children to be creative in their own way, with no rules. Playing with open-ended materials with multiple uses and limitless possibilities, such as molding clay, wet sand, paint, blocks and other loose parts, allow for imaginative play. There are no rules to follow, no expectations, no specific problems to solve, and no pressure to produce a finished product when engaging freely in open-ended play.
The Airport Playset lets imaginations “take flight” with 14 die-cast pieces. Your little one will be entertained for hours with this 27″x 31″ felt mat. For even more open-ended fun, combine this airport set with some of the other playsets offered at CPTOY.com.
We connected with Christie Davis, the brand manager for CP Toys and Constructive Playthings, to get to know her, the brand and get her opinion on the Airport Play Set. Check out our interview below:
Name of personal being interviewed: Christie Davis
Position in the company: Brand Manager for CP Toys & Constructive Playthings
1. Tell us about you. What inspires you in your professional life? I am inspired by connection. Bringing together a child with a product that transcends being “just a toy.” That is what I love about my brands. We offer toy quality products that encourage development of imagination, celebrate diversity and help children make new discoveries. What could be better than that!
2. What do you enjoy doing outside of work? Outside of work I love spending time with my husband, daughter and our three dogs. I also volunteer with animal rescue and serve on the Board of Directors of my daughter’s school.
3. Why do you think the Airport Play Set is a product worth purchasing? The Airport Play Set offers endless hours of open-ended play enjoyment. Children can let their imaginations run wild with the set. The benefits of open-ended play is well documented. Increased problem solving skills and imagination development are just a few of the reasons choosing open-ended play toys, like the Airport Play Set, is a great choice.
4. Tell us something that we don’t know about you or your business. (ie. talk about your family, your pets, your relationship with your employees, etc). Our Team at U.S. Toy Company (our parent company) has fun every day. Whether it’s paper airplane contests or Nerf battles, we strive to bring a sense of fun to each and every day.
5. WILD CARD QUESTION: What is your favorite movie? Wow! That changes all the time. A few of my all-time favorites would be Airplane, Amelie and Young Frankenstein.
About CP Toys
About CP Toys
CP Toys by Constructive Playthings is a branch of US Toy Company that revolves around education and fun. Constructive Playthings began in the 1950’s when founder Frances Klein recognized a need for quality educational resources for educators. Constructive Playthings was a strong catalyst in the educational movement towards quality supplies and materials for those who desired to teach in the early childhood field.
The need for CP Toys was recognized in 2011. Many parents desired to offer their children an experience that was both educational and fun. CP Toys offers a vast selection of educational toys that one would typically not find in a typical brick-and-mortar style toy stores. Many of the products offered by CP Toys are educational in nature, but appear no different to the child than a standard toy. The difference in CP Toys products and other toy stores’ products is that CP Toys believes that a child can have fun and still use toys for learning. Many of the toys in the CP Toys line enhance kids learning through sensory details, active play, and imagination enhancing.
It has always been the mission of US Toy Company to inspire learning, creativity, and fun. The CP Toys brand enhances this vision, and we hope that your children will enjoy playing with their new toys while learning at the same time
Follow CP Toys on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CPToys