Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort, an all-inclusive family-friendly property on the island of Vanua Levu, Fiji. The hotel boasts the following unique family-friendly offerings, in addition to luxury accommodations.
The award-winning Bula Club, featuring a daily program of children’s resort activities that are fun, educational and cultural. Bula Club offers two levels of vacation activities to meet the differing needs and competencies of toddlers, children and adolescents: the Lei Lei Bula Club Program, for children 0 to 5 years old, and the Marau Bula Club Program, for kids ages 6 to 12. Parents are welcome and encouraged to participate, too!
· Every child under the age of five years old is assigned to a designated nanny (at a ratio of 1:1) for the duration of their stay, at no extra charge.
· At Bula Club, young guests enjoy a range of activities such as rock pool exploration, hiking, glass-bottom boat excursions, swimming and more. The resort’s dedicated marine biologist, Johnny, guides Bula Club exploratory outings, providing a delightful educational experience for children. Bula Club’s dining area offers a fresh, healthy, tasty children’s menu prepared on-site to order.
· For children whose curiosities lean more towards the kitchen than the sandbox, the resort offers “Chef’s Junior Assistant”, where children of all ages enjoy a range of fun, educational and cultural activities. Kids aged 6 to 12 have the opportunity to help create a meal start to finish, assisting with the preparation, plating and serving. Kids sign up for the program ahead of time and have the opportunity to suggest the meal for the day (participants’ favorite foods are taken into consideration!); if chosen, their suggestion could end up on that day’s menu. The “Junior Assistants” – equipped with a chef’s jacket and hat – receive a kitchen briefing on safety and hygiene, take a tour of the organic garden with the Chef, hand-picking herbs and garnishes, and assist the Chef with final preparations, plating and serving of the meals to the Bula Club. The program is offered every day to one or two kids per meal period, typically for lunch.
The Teens Program at Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort is run separately to the Bula Club by the Activities department of the resort, whereby an Activities staff member takes on the role of buddy and mentor for the teenagers in-house.
The Teens Program is less structured than the Bula Club program, allowing greater flexibility for the teens to participate in the daily schedule of activities with the adults as well as having a series of activities specifically tailored to the teenagers on different days. Activities that the teenagers are encouraged to participate in or are specifically designed for them through the week include:
· Scuba Diving orientation in the Serenity pool
· Snorkeling trip to dive site called “Shark Alley”
· Coral Planting with Johnny Singh, the on-staff marine biologist
· Volleyball lessons
· Fijian language lessons
· Walk to the local village, learning their spearfishing, farming and having a game of volleyball with the teens in the village
· Trip to the Mangroves and mangrove planting with Johnny Singh
· Bonfire on the beach with a guitar, playing and singing
· Medicine walk learning about the Fijian’s medicinal uses of plants around the resort
· Rainforest Hike to a waterfall and rubber tube down the river
· Land Crab trap making and catching land crabs
· Bamboo raft making and sailing
· Hand line fishing
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort offers an exquisite and safe retreat for families traveling to Fiji—an unforgettable experience that is derived from the natural beauty of the island, and the warmth of the staff.