SMD Cosmetics produces one of the most popular prestigious skin care lines in South Korea, formulated on over 2,000 years of herbal medicine wisdom. Since launching in the U.S., SMD products are being used by top celebrity make-up artists who have discovered how powerful natural skincare can really be, and how your skin can transform with the right products.
“It’s not only about great skin, but also giving people the confidence and knowledge of what they are putting on their skin,” explains Elizabeth Hoel-Chang, celebrity make-up artist from the television show ‘This is Us.’ “It’s a healthy, nutritional element to help preserve themselves. In a day and age of snake oil tonics and empty promises, the SMD Cosmetic line of skin care is the miracle and truth people need to know about and have the ability to get it for themselves because they deserve it.”
Their best selling product, the Saromae Quintessential Snail Serum Concentrate, is the perfected result of combining the precise formulation of natural ingredients and ancient herbal science. It contains 62% pure snail filtrate extract, which is the perfect balance of efficacy and texture. This cruelty-free, all-in-one formula reduces wrinkles, dullness, sun damage, hyper-pigmentation, and acne scarring. It also deeply hydrates, reverses signs of aging, and brightens the skin.
SMD Cosmetics has founded groundbreaking products since it’s inception, over 20 years ago. The creation of the exclusive Inhyunjin anti-aging line is true labor of love with six rare ingredients that are processed nine times over fifty days! The process includes fermentation, resulting in powerful probiotics that preserve the product, naturally. Some of the secret ancient herbal ingredients that help make it so powerful include:
- Peach seed extract, which softens the skin and is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Fermented ingredients, which help to improve the skin’s elasticity.
- Goji berries for their anti-aging properties.
- Wilfordii root extract, which offers antioxidant and anti-aging properties.
- Mulberry, an herb that is an antioxidant that helps unclog pores, tones the skin, and adds moisture.
- Red ginseng extract, this prized herbal root has rejuvenating effects and can help restore the skin’s moisture balance, signs of aging and hyper-pigmentation.
Inhyunjin Travel Set
I was sent a 5-piece travel set of the Inhyunjin Collection ($125) to test out. At first glance, the bottles are a tan color with shiny chrome tops. There are two jars that are a pretty purple color with chrome tops. There is Korean writing on the bottles, along with a little bit of English, stating which product each bottle is full of.
Inhyunjin combines the most advanced technologies with time-tested ingredients derived from the ancient wisdom of Asian herbal medicine and healing. Using premium and rare natural Asian herbs and probiotics, this award winning, PATENTED, and exclusive line delivers the most essential facets of skin renewal: exfoliation, hydration, regeneration and radiance. Inhyunjin helps skin restore balance and reverse the signs of aging by using a natural fermentation process to transform pure ingredients into beneficial enzymes and nourishing vitamins. Inhyunjin, with ground-breaking, nano-technology, efficiently is absorbed by the deep layers of the skin, ensuring maximum results. Inhyunjin is naturally preserved. A true breakthrough in providing concentrated effectiveness. This 5 PC travel set features, Toner, Essence, Emulsion, Night Cream and Ampoule.
According to the instructions, you use the toner first, followed by the Essence, Emulsion then Cream. But there was a fifth product, a jar similar to the “cream” which contains a super serum, Ampoule, so I will have to learn when to incorporate this into the routine. Both of them are labeled cream, which is a bit confusing.
Each of the products has a perfume type of smell to them, which is actually very pleasant and luxurious. I typically don’t use products with scents because I have a sensitive nose (allergies), but if you like to use products with scents, you might like these. The toner goes on easily with a cotton ball and dries pretty quickly. I did notice a bit of a cooling feeling after applying the toner.
After the toner, I applied a thin layer of the Essence (step 2). It felt a little bit like a sunscreen and felt thin and moisturizing on my skin. I then moved forward with a thin layer of Emulsion (step 3). This felt very similar to the Essence formula and dried the same. Not knowing which product was the actual night cream (step 4), I just went ahead and tried both glass jars. These also felt similar to the Essence and Emulsion, but after laying all of them, my skin was a bit moist and sticky feeling, but no greasy.
From the short trial I had with these products, I can tell you that they are very great at keeping skin moisturized, but as I mentioned above, I have a difficult time using products with fragrances due to allergies. I have listed out my individual reviews of the products below, along with each product description.
Visibly diminishes fine lines and wrinkles for an ageless complexion.
- Delivers brightening and antiaging benefits with fermented angelica root
- Nourishes skin with powerful hydrating and antioxidant agents
- Improves texture and clarity, resulting in beautiful, balanced and glowing skin
- After purifying your skin with Inhyunjin Toner, apply this essence to face and neck
- Gently massage in an upward and outward motion allowing nutrients to absorb into skin
INHYUNJIN Emulsion Refining Moisturizer
Rich and silky hydrator infuses skin with pure, nurturing moisture.
- Evens skin tone and prevents premature signs of aging with exclusive fermented pachyma extracts
- Melts into skin with ultimate hydration and essential nutrition
- Helps protect against environmental effects of stress and pollution
- After using Inhyunjin Essence, apply this emulsion to face and neck
- Gently massage in an upward and outward motion
INHYUNJIN Cream Intensive Night Repair
Instantly drives moisture deep into the skin for long lasting hydration.
- Addresses visible signs of aging with exclusive fermented Chinese matrimony vine extracts
- Powerful formula works while you sleep to achieve silky smooth skin by morning
- Best used as a night cream to complete the Inhyunjin skincare ritual
- After using Inhyunjin Emulsion, apply this cream to face and neck
- Gently massage in an upward and outward motion
INHYUNJIN Toner Purifying Revitalizer
Refreshing and soothing formula, keeping skin calm, balanced and purified.
- Cleanses, softens and tones the skin naturally with fermented cork tree bark extract
- Purifies and refines pores, while gently awakens skin with deep hydration
- Creates a thin protective membrane on the skin to combat environmental damage
- Wash face, then apply small amount onto a cosmetic cotton pad
- Gently massage into skin
Along with the travel set, I was also sent a bottle of Alogel to test out from the Saromae collection. I’ve been using this products on my arms, which tend to break-out from heavy lotions or creams, and so far my skin has been liking this product. It’s designed for the face and neck, but after using the Inhyunjin products, I felt like I didn’t need another layer.
Naturally soothes and hydrates the skin for anti-aging and antioxidant benefits.
- Lightweight formula with soothing and calming properties
- Boosts hydration for dry skin, while restoring natural suppleness
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin bumps
- Acts as a booster to enhance your skin care regimen
- Leaves skin feeling soft, youthful-looking and luminous
- In the AM and PM, apply evenly to clean, dry face and neck
- Massage gently to help with absorption
- Best if used after cleansing and before moisturizing
Inhyunjin Travel Set$125
INHYUNJIN TONER PURIFYING REVITALIZER9.5/10
INHYUNJIN EMULSION REFINING MOISTURIZER8.5/10
INHYUNJIN CREAM INTENSIVE NIGHT REPAIR9.0/10
- Product packaging is pretty
- Fragrance is pleasant
- Products feel luxurious
- Travel sizes are perfect for carry-on bags