Guest Post by James Allen
Tips to Keep Engagement/Wedding Rings Safe When Traveling
1. If you and your partner are OK with it, leave the ring(s) at home in a secure place. The best way to prevent losing your rings during traveling is to not bring them at all.
2. Make sure your hotel room has a safe. Leave your ring(s) in the safe overnight or anytime they are not on your person (for example, when lounging at the beach or partaking in recreational activities).
3. If your rings are insured, double-check the insurance policy as it relates to traveling. Some policies may mandate that the jewelry be kept in a safe when not being worn; some policies may limit how much jewelry you can travel with.
4. Have your jeweler check for any loose stones in your ring(s) prior to travel. This will help to decrease the chances of damage being caused to your ring.
5. Don’t wear ring(s) in water, period. However, especially don’t wear your ring(s) in cold water, as the cold water can cause your finger to temporarily shrink in size, increasing the likelihood that the ring(s) can slip off.
Credit: James Allen, the premiere jewelry website that provides the world’s largest assortment of diamonds available on the web, has compiled tips on the topic for engaged or newlywed couples.