Do you need a snack menu makeover?
I know I’m not alone when saying that I struggle to come up with snack options that are flavorful and that everyone loves. I typically try to avoid prepackaged foods because I never know what’s in them but thanks to Salba Smart, I now have a whole file of tasty snacks that the whole family will love (and they have a boost of nutrition with Chia seeds). Check out some of our favorites:
- Salba Chia Yellow Chips
- Taco Bell Chipotle Sauce in the Bottle
- Whole black beans (drained and rinsed)
- chopped fresh tomatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with your favorite salsa
- Light Buffalo Chicken Dip – Just the right amount of naughty & nice.
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Salba Chia Whole Seeds
- 2 cups (14 oz raw) cooked shredded chicken
And for the adults:
- Strawberry Salba-ritas – Yes, you read it right! Why not make a margarita a little healthier?!?
- 2 oz water
- 1 tsp Salba Chia Seeds (let chia seeds soak for about 10 min. in the water)
- 3 oz tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1½ oz freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 6-7 whole, frozen strawberries (blended)
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar (also called coconut sugar) & 1 Tbsp cane sugar
We want to give you the chance to get creative with Salba Chia seeds. Enter to win 1 bag of whole Salba Chia seeds and 1 bag of ground Salba Chia seeds. We will choose 2 winners on 2/28/14. Good luck!