This post was sponsored by Vicks VapoRub as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
Cold and flu season is here and it’s taking its toll in our casa. We’ve had the achy muscles, snotty noses, coughs, fevers, pink eye, laryngitis, etc., and it’s only January! Thankfully, though, most of these symptoms have been relieved with the help of a little camphor, eucalyptus oil and menthol – the ingredients found in the famous Vicks VapoRub. This amazing topical cough suppressant helps to relieve coughs with it’s potent medicated vapors.
When I think back to my childhood illnesses, I think of my mom’s old Vicks Vaporizer, a warm heating blanket and the smell of Vicks VapoRub. The combination of the three (along with the help of my grandma’s banana milk shakes and my dad’s chicken noodle soup) got me on my way to recovery every cold and flu season.
Vicks VapoRub is the #1 pediatrician recommended rub for kids two-years old and up and can be used in many different ways to help ease the symptoms of this season’s illnesses. It’s also great product to take on vacation because it’s small enough for a carry-on bag and it works for a variety of ailments. Not a trip goes by that I don’t get a stuffy nose, so Vicks VapoRub will definitely be coming on my next family vacation. I don’t recommend using it on an airplane, though. The smell my irritate your neighbors.
Some of the common uses for the rub are listed below:
Common Uses for Vicks VapoRub
- Chest – apply VapoRub to your chest to temporarily relieve a cough
- Throat – just like on the chest, applying Vicks VapoRub to the throat helps relieve coughs due to minor throat irritations and bronchial issues due to the common cold.
- Muscles and Joints – VapoRub can be used as a topical muscle or joint relief product. This is especially helpful during flu season as the flu often brings on sore, aching muscles.
Unique Uses for Vicks VapoRub (not found on the label)
- Nail Fungus/Ringworm – I’ve been told that this potent rub can be used to kill nail pesky nail fungus and ringworm.
- Mosquito Repellant – I hear that Vicks can ward off mosquitos and even help keep their bites from itching.