The living room is arguably the main room in your home as it’s where your guests are likely to be and the room most people are likely to see. So, here’s what you need to think about:
- Getting the right furniture is essential as you need stuff that combines comfort with great looks. Consider leather sofas if you’re after a more modern and upmarket look.
- It’s essential that you try and create as much space as possible in your living room. As such, the layout becomes so important. Try and design the room so there’s a lot of space and it doesn’t feel cramped even if it’s a small room.
- Flooring in the living room is difficult to choose. These days, very few people still use carpet as it just doesn’t look that visually appealing. Laminate flooring is very popular, particularly when complemented with chic rugs.
Kitchens are a room where a lot can be done to change and improve the style, meaning your opportunities are wide open. Here are some of the key things to think about when giving your kitchen a makeover:
- Your kitchen floor needs to look stylish, but it should also have a practical element to it too. More often than not tiles or hardwood flooring are the popular choices here as they’re both stylish and practical.
- Kitchens are unique in that they have benchtops for you to work on. Getting the design and style of these benchtops right is very important. Most people like the idea of concrete benchtops as they’re strong yet stylish. You can get more details on Concrete Crib if this idea interests you. Concrete is also more heat resistant which makes it good in this room too.
- Think about the design of your kitchen cabinets and make sure they match the theme in the room. You can go modern or traditional with your cabinet design.
Your bathroom is another room that often needs a makeover and gets seen a lot by guests. Here’s what you should be thinking about:
- Lighting in your bathroom is important as you want to set the right tone. Small circular lights are very popular, along with a dimmer switch to control the power of the light and set a relaxing tone when you bathe.
- Often, there’s a great debate over whether a bath or shower should be included – or both! Do you want your bathroom to be adorned by a huge luxury bathtub? Or would you rather have a wet room type shower? Or, do you want a bath/shower combo? Figure out what works best for you!
These rooms are often the rooms that get seen by guests and will need most of your attention during a makeover. Hopefully, this advice will help you redesign your home and make it fantastic once more.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner