Fruits are heavenly foods given to man on earth. They are not only excellent sources of essential nutrients but also fibre content and flavonoids which reduce the risks of many diseases.
It can also give a natural healthy glow to your skin, which makes their consumption worth it.
Concerning health, people who do not consume plant based meals like fruits and vegetables, get into many ailments such as digestive disorders, hemorrhoids, constipation, etc. Moreover, fruit consumption reduces the risk of developing diabetes, cancer, inflammation, etc. Therefore, it is usually advised to compensate for that deficiency with supplements. Some commonly consumed supplements are N1N Premium Organic Super Green, Elderberry Gummies by Gummies Garden, KaraMD Pure Nature, 90 Fruit and 90 Veggie Capsules, etc.
Every fruit has a unique flavor, fragrance, taste, and health benefits. There are also innumerable types of one fruit. In this article, we have given details regarding some of the tastiest fruits and their health benefits.
The Top Tastiest Fruits
Mangoes are the most popular fruits when it comes to taste and essence. Not only are they unbelievably flavourful, but are also packed with nutrients such as minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and collagen. Mangoes are seasonal summer fruits but are available in grocery stores all year round. There are uncountable varieties of mangoes available.
Health Benefits of Mangoes
As mentioned earlier, mangoes are referred to as the King of fruits all around the world. They contain a treasure of vitamins and nutrients. Significant health benefits of mangoes include;
- Reduced risk of cancer due to the beta-carotene present in mangoes in abundant quantities.
- Fights free radicals that hurt cells of the body.
- Promotes cardiovascular health due to the abundance of magnesium and potassium in mangoes.
- Stabilizes the digestive system through the dietary compound which helps in dissolving foods in the stomach.
- They can reduce birth defects when taken during pregnancy due to the presence of folate.
- They are an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, and many other antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients.
Ways to Consume Mangoes
Mango skin should be avoided as it can be sensitive to people having allergic reactions. Mango pulp can be eaten raw, grilled, blended into smoothies or drinks, or as a frozen desert. Mango chutneys and sorbets are also popular. Mango is also used to make breakfast jams all over the world.
Considered an exotic fruit, pineapples help in the growth of healthy tissues. They contain bromelain, which is a dietary supplement. This dietary supplement present in pineapples reduces sinusitis and nasal inflammation.
Pineapple is also believed to contain anticancer potential, however, research is being conducted to prove it. Pineapples are rich in magnesium that helps in tissue and bone growth.
Health Benefits of Pineapple
Pineapple is a rich source of healthy nutrients and is considered an excellent diet food due to its low carbohydrate content. Following are some of the most significant health benefits of pineapples.
- Pineapples are loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants that decrease the risk of chronic diseases.
- The group of enzymes present in pineapples aids indigestion.
- Compounds present in pineapple minimize oxidative stress, resulting in a reduced risk of cancer.
- Pineapples help in boosting immunity by lowering the risk of viral and bacterial infections.
Ways to Consume Pineapples
Pineapples are popularly used in salads and salsas. They can also be eaten raw, however, frozen pineapple smoothies are the best. They can also be used as a topping on a fish taco.
Pomegranates are super fruits consisting of abundant polyphenols, antioxidants, and nutrients. Polyphenol helps in the reduction of oxidative stress. Also, one pomegranate may contain 46.2 micrograms, vitamin K, C, B12, etc.
Health Benefits of Pomegranates
Pomegranate has been used to cure diseases since antiquity. Health benefits of pomegranate are:
- They are rich in powerful antioxidants used in the elimination of free radicals.
- They are used for the prevention and protection of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Flavonoids present in pomegranate help in the reduction of joint inflammation.
- Daily consumption of pomegranate can help reduce high blood pressure.
Ways to Consume Pomegranates
Pomegranate is another great salad fruit to enrich the taste of salads. They are popularly used worldwide in rice dishes, couscous, etc. Raw pomegranate is also heartily eaten by many around the world. Pomegranate juice is a popular seasonal drink used widely.
Berries are another fruit that is not only tasty but is packed with many health benefits. Almost all berries are rich in antioxidants and multivitamins. The healthiest berries are elderberries, blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, raspberries, and grapes.
Health Benefits of Berries
- Berries are loaded with antioxidants
- They help to heal wounds
- Berries strengthen the immune system
- They help fight cancer
- Help improve blood sugar
Ways to Consume Berries
Berries are tasty fruit and you can eat them raw, use them in fruit salad, jams, pies, and smoothies. Some berries such as elderberries may have some health risks when eaten raw. Therefore, it is advised to take them in the form of health supplements such as elderberry gummies.