Avoiding Overeating During the Holidays with Chia Seeds
Overeating can be both the cause and effect of holiday stress. Research shows most adults gain some weight during the holidays, so to keep health and weight in check, Salba Chia offers these stress-busting tips for the holiday season:
· Less is more: The holidays are filled with tempting treats, but don’t load up on empty-calorie foods. Instead of sitting with all the food within arm’s reach, grab a (small) bowl, scoop a few treats, and give yourself that limit.
· Eat 1 tablespoon of Salba Chia Whole Seeds every day. Experts like Dr. Oz and “Biggest Loser” nutritionist Rachel Beller recommend chia seeds as a healthy way to curb appetite, so you can feel fuller for longer. Now there’s no need for will power at the holiday party!
· Get sleep! One night of sleep deprivation is as impairing as a legally intoxicating blood-alcohol level. You have plenty of chances to drink and be merry – why give yourself the pain over sleep?
· Don’t pack your schedule: While there are lots of people to see and things to do, make sure you’re able to live in the moment and enjoy the time you spend with loved ones. Take time to play games with your family and friends, or just sit and chat instead of rushing to the stores.
· Get outside: Take a brisk walk in the fresh air, or take a drive to see the holiday lights – a quick break can invigorate mind and body, and help restore perspective!
· Don’t forget your health: Let’s be honest – even the tips above won’t keep you from overeating at least a little. So remember to get your key nutrients: One tablespoon of Salba Chia Whole Seeds provides 800% more Omega-3 (ALA) than salmon (EPA/DHA) and contains less than 1 g net carbohydrate per serving. It’s really that easy.
Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
Disclosure: I am a Salba Smart brand ambassador and receive free product reach month in exchange for coverage on my site. Any opinion I give regarding Salba Smart is honest and my own.