What To Do 30 Days Prior to a Cruise
- If you haven’t done so already, make sure you book SHORE EXCURSIONS a.s.a.p. These book up quickly and you don’t want to miss out on that ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to swim with the dolphins.
- Complete online check-in. By doing this early, you are taking care of one more item on your to-do list. You can print boarding passes and bag tags at this time, as well.
- Verify your check-in time, dining time and stateroom preferences (bed arrangement).
- Pre-register the kids for the YOUTH PROGRAM.
- If you haven’t already done so, set-up your onboard spending account.
- Prepay gratuities – Call Carnival at 800 764-7419
- Book any spa treatments or special deliveries (chocolate covered strawberries, wine, etc).
- Make sure your luggage is in working order and you have enough for the whole family.
- If traveling with kids, make sure their swimsuits fit and make sure they have enough clothing for the climate you will be traveling to.
- Start gathering travel-sized products.
- Purchase beverage packages
- Book Seuss at Sea packages
- Load your account with Cruise Cash
- Purchase bottled water for your cabin ($4.50/12 pack)
- Download the CARNIVAL HUB APP
About the Carnival Miracle
The 2,124-passenger Carnival Miracle, which is currently sailing eight-day Caribbean cruises from New York will reposition to the West Coast in March 2013 to operate voyages to the Mexican Riviera, Alaska and Hawaii.
In addition to a diversity of “themed” lounges, bars and nightspots, Carnival Miracle features myriad full-service and casual dining choices, an on-board health and fitness facility, supervised programs for children, teens and ‘tweens, and a golf program offering golf excursions and personalized lessons.
PUBLIC ROOMS AND AREAS
Carnival Miracle features a variety of dramatic public spaces that are Inspired by characters from novels, songs, poems, myths, movies and Broadway. These “fabulous fictional icons” were chosen for their styles that evoke a different mood in each of the Carnival Miracle’s public areas and rooms. Venues include Dr. Frankenstein’s Lab, a two-level dance club patterned after the legendary creature and his creator; the Mad Hatter’s Ball, a show lounge that pays homage to the playful Alice in Wonderland character; and the Phantom Theater, which resembles the Paris Opera House, where much of the famous Broadway musical takes place. Other rooms include Sam’s, inspired by the watering hole in the classic film Casablanca; the Raven Library, patterned after the classic Edgar Allen Poe novel; and the Gotham Lounge, which takes its cue from the metropolis made famous in the popular Batman comic books.
Dining is considered by many to be the highlight of a “Fun Ship” cruise and Carnival Miracle offers a wide variety of delectable formal and casual choices to suit any mood or taste.
In addition to the full-service two-level Bacchus dining room featuring extensive menus and wine lists, Carnival Miracle includes Horatio’s, a casual poolside eatery offering full breakfast and lunch buffets, a 24-hour pizzeria, a New York-style deli, and Asian and American specialty areas. Carnival Miracle also houses Nick & Nora’s, a classic American steakhouse. Vegetarian, children’s and health-conscious menu selections are also featured on all dining room menus. A sushi bar, patisserie and complimentary 24-hour stateroom service will also be available.
‘CAMP CARNIVAL,’ ‘CIRCLE C,’ ‘CLUB O2’ – Building upon Carnival’s distinction as the family cruise leader carrying 725,000 children annually fleetwide, Carnival Miracle offers organized programs for three different age groups – Camp Carnival for 2- to 11-year-olds, Circle “C” for 12- to 14-year-olds, and Club O2 for 15- to 17-year-olds – with supervised activities and expansive, modern facilities for each group. Carnival Miracle also houses four swimming pools, including a children’s wading pool and an aft pool with a twisting, turning water slide.
HEALTH AND FITNESS FACILITY
INTERNET CAFÉ, WI-FI ACCESS, CELL PHONE SERVICE
Happy cruise planning! If you are traveling with kids this cruise, keep a lookout for some awesome kid-friendly Carnival activities that I will be sharing.
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner