Happy Monday! After a recent conversation with my in-laws about pests coming into or near the home, I thought I would offer up some tips and save you a little research time when it comes to wildlife pest control.
A wildlife pest infestation can wreak havoc on your home. Pests can destroy your home’s structure and bring in potentially harmful bacteria. Catching an infestation early can help save you and your family a lot of trouble. Here are five signs that you need to call for a wildlife removal expert:
- Foreign Droppings: If you are finding animal droppings that do not belong to your pet, you likely have an unwanted guest living in your home. The size of the droppings can give you an idea about the type of pest that you have in your home.
- Random Holes: If you are seeing holes and decay in your wood, your home may have fallen victim to termites. However, certain wild animals may also chew through plaster, wiring and insulation.
- “Ghosts” in Your Attic: If you hear scratching or chewing in your home, pests, rather than ghosts, may be to blame. Loud pests can become particularly apparent at night when your home is quiet.
- Roaches and Insect Parts: When it comes to cockroach pest control, these bugs are especially difficult to manage. Where there is one roach, there are always more. Seeing wings, legs or egg casings can be another sign that you have a bug infestation in your home.
- Bites: Some pests like bed bugs and flees feed on blood. While flees will generally prefer animal blood and only occasionally bite humans, bed bugs use humans as their primary food source. If you have multiple bites and haven’t seen a mosquito in the area, it may be time to check for bed bugs.
If you are seeing signs of pests in your home, it is time to call a wildlife pest control expert to help ensure that the problem does not get out of hand.