When it comes to my daughters’ haircare products, I tend to gravitate towards kid-friendly products that are colorful, smell good, safe to use, and are priced just right. I stumbled upon Rocks the Locks years ago, thanks to the wonderful world of blogging, and have been fortunate enough to try some of their products throughout the years.
We were recently sent a set of products that were new to us, and I wanted to share my thoughts on them. If you are on the hunt for kids hair products that are free of all the junk, read on.
Rocks the Locks Products
- NOT SO KNOTTY Conditioning Detangler — Tames the toughest tangles while conditioning & adding body and moisture. Take your hair from knotty, to smooth & enjoy beautiful shine. Available in 3 yummy scents: Pineapple Banana, Green Apple, & Funky Fruit.
- DON’T MESSY WITH ME Texture Paste — Gives extreme hold without weighing hair down. Great shine & control!
- CURLS WANNA HAVE FUN Curl Boost — Curls & defines waves without weighing hair down. It’s humidity resistant and perfect for unruly hair.
- SHAKE & SHIMMER Glitter Hairspray — Shake it up and add some shimmer! The fun Glitter Hairspray provides great hold, shine, and yes – GLITTER!
- TOTAL SOFTIE Leave-in Conditioner — Is infused with the power of coconut oil for deep moisture detangling. Smooths, tames fly-aways & leaves hair super shiny.
The second you open or use the products, you’re hit with beautiful scents. Rocks the Locks uses essential oils to scent their products, which I think is great. I am all for great smelling haircare products, especially when you aren’t able to wash every day.
If you are like us during the summertime, the pool, salt water at the beach, sun, etc. does a number on my girls’ hair. The detangling conditioner, and leave-in condition have been amazing and keep their hair soft and mess-free.
I love using the curl boost on my youngest daughter’s hair to enhance her natural waves while keeping her shorter bob somewhat styled.
The texture paste is great for girls and boys and gives you control, while keeping the hair soft. It’s even great on my own hair when I go for that textured look. I use my flat iron to add messy curls to my hair and use my fingers to add a light layer of texture paste, followed by hairspray.
My girls are obsessed with the glitter hairspray because, glitter! But this glitter actually washes out, instead of getting all stuck on the scalp like traditional sprinkle glitter does.
Tip: Shake the product well before using to get an even amount of glitter with each spritz.
About Rocks the Locks:
The makers of Piggy Paint, a non-toxic, kid-friendly nail polish brand, introduced Rock the Locks years ago. Piggy Paint is a brand that is recognized and trusted by parents to produce safe, quality nail polish products, which we have also reviewed in the past. Rock the Locks was founded on these same principles and created by Moms seeking hair products without harsh chemicals (that actually work!).
Rock the Locks is infused with essential oils and super fruit extracts. Say good-bye to sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and petrolatum. Quality formulas developed and tested by salon professionals. Rocks the Locks products are made in USA, cruelty-free, and yes, affordable!
“Fun packaging and fruity scents that appeal to kids, with ingredients that Moms trust. It’s time to Rock the Locks!”
It’s been ages since I last did a giveaway, so let’s do it!
Enter to win the set of 5 products photographed above using the Rafflecopter form below. Share with your friends with little ones, too!
I will choose one winner after 7/20/20. Good luck!