This article is part of a sponsored collaboration with Seedling as part of my holiday gift guide. I have hand-picked my holiday gift guide brands this year because they fit in well with my lifestyle and are a good fit for my audience. As always, all opinions are my own and are never influenced by compensation.
This has proven to be my most difficult year for gift shopping for my girls. My oldest is five and my youngest is two. They have very different personalities and are into very different things. My oldest is really artsy and loves project-type gifts. My youngest loves princesses, dolls, Barbies and dress-up things, but already owns pretty much everything that Target sells.
I recently connected with a brand called Seedling to share their unique arts and crafts projects with you all, but I’m stocking up on gifts for my girls in the process. I love their products so much that I even added them to my holiday gift guide! They are a perfect fit for my girls, and most likely a perfect fit for your kiddos, too.
What I really like about Seedling’s kits for kids are that they are mostly very usable products. We have purchased countless art kits from other brands that are really only good for building and not playing with. Seedling offers so many different types of projects for all ages of kids and are very affordable. These kits are especially great for rainy days!
MAZE Collection (For ages 8+)
- Design Your Own Marble Maze ($59.99)
- This is a fun kit that allows kids to design their own virtual reality maze. They start by building their own maze with the high quality materials provided in their kits. They can place walls onto the grid, add traps, choose start and end points, then drop the marble into their Maze to play. They can challenge their friends and family to race to the finish. With moveable walls, there are endless ways to redesign and play each Maze.
- Once their maze is complete, they can take a picture of it via the MAZE App (iOS or Android), where they can transform their maze into a spaceship, a kingdom, or even an ancient ruin. They can add photos, sounds, riddles, and more. And every Maze comes with a free virtual reality viewer so the entire family can experience the Maze in a VR world! Place your iPhone, iPod or Android device into the viewer and step inside your own virtual reality adventure.
- DIY Virtual Reality Viewer ($29.99)
- Design your own cardboard VR headset, slide your device in and experience your maze in a whole new way. Seedling offers a variety of Virtual Reality Viewer kits to appeal to a variety of styles.
- Design Your Own Headphones ($29.99)
- You’ve built your MAZE, you’ve downloaded the app, you have your custom VR headset, now hear what your MAZE sounds like with your own set of custom headphones.
You may have seen some of these project kits in stores like Target: